We were recently surprised and honored when Eliza, a local young lady, did a drive to benefit the kitties at our shelter. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and generosity. It is through caring people like you that our shelter exists and we can care for the kitties.
10 HAIR AND NAILS SALON
10 Hair and Nails salon in Plainville recently had a very successful fundraiser on our behalf. This wonderful group of people routinely support us. Thank you all! Please make an appointment there and say
Paws of Plainville sent you!
Courage — We will never give up hope
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVELY HELPING LOST OR FOUND CATS:
- LOST CATS
It is essential to the health and safety of your cat, that they be kept indoors only. However, should your cat go missing, EVERY moment counts! Do NOT wait and hope your cat returns before taking action! Please follow these steps:
- Search the perimeter of your home, under bushes and structures. A scared cat will want to hide.Alert your neighbors
- IMMEDIATELY, that same day....Call your local Animal Control Officer
- Call your local shelter, Paws of Plainville (508-695-4707). The shelter has experienced staff that can help you safely trap your cat. Or someone may have turned in your cat.
- Post your cat's photo, the location from which it went missing and your contact information on Facebook (if possible), or other social media forums
- Create posters and post them around your neighborhood and adjacent areas
- Finally, don't give up too soon.
- Take pictures and note when you first saw the cat
- As quickly as possible, ask your neighbors if it belongs to them
- IMMEDIATELY, call your local Animal Control Officer
- Please do NOT touch an animal you do not know; but try to safely assess the cat from a safe distance. When you do contact officials, you'll be able to give them a quick bit of info: Is it friendly? Does it seem sick? Is it wounded? Does it have kittens with it? This will give officials a sense of the urgency at hand
- Feed the animal, if possible, to keep it around until it can be tended to by officials.
Donations Are Always Appreciated
Items from our wishlist are always needed. We have an online wishlist registry at Amazon that enables you to order items online and have them shipped directly to us.
We are currently in particular need of Purina kitten chow and Fancy Feast wet kitten food.
KITTIES SEEKING ADOPTION
The love bundles pictured below are looking to join your family.
(Click on any picture below to go to a page with additional photos and each cat's story.)
If you are interested in meeting any of the cats waiting for a home, please call (508) 695-4707
(leave a message if need be!).
Purfect handsome creation. The sleek lines and fluid motion. The intrigue of perpetual motion, the need to be in constant contact with the owner. Its lines copied in many ways and its legend, unique. Are we talking about a watch? Or a cat? How about a little bit of both? Our Rolex is a classic feline creation with the adoration of an expensive watch bearing the same name. Come meet our fine boy, and you’ll want to spend all the time in the world with him.
Rolex is 1 year old. He has been neutered, combo tested and is current on all standard vaccinations.
If you would like to meet Rolex or our other adoptable cats or kittens, please call (508) 695-4707 (leave a message if need be!).
Paws of Plainville, Inc. is dedicated to helping the homeless cats in the local area. We are an all volunteer, nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible and can be sent to P.O. Box 2236, Plainville, MA 02762. For more information, please visit us here and
like us on Facebook.
OUR LIST OF ADOPTABLES AS SHOWN ON ADOPT-A-PET.COM:
HELP CATS, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Rather than having can/bottle drives, Paws of Plainville has set up an account with the Horace Mann Educational Associates (HMEA) Recycling Center at 1 George Street # 4/5, Plainville, MA 02762, (508) 695-1889. You can go in and turn in your cans and bottles at your convenience and ask that the money be put towards the Paws account.
With one act, your recycling will help the environment, you will be helping to provide meaningful work and wages to individuals with disabilities and you will be providing funds that will help us continue to feed and care for cats in need.
We depend on independent contributions from people like you so please consider helping us by making a donation through PayPal. Click the "Donate" button below to proceed.
Any amount helps and the animals are extremely grateful. If you would prefer not to use PayPal:
MAIL YOUR DONATIONS TO:
Paws of Plainville, Inc.
P.O. Box 2236
Plainville MA 02762
All donors will be acknowledged.
Click on the logo to see our cats at
Click on this logo to see our cats at